Air New Zealand – Visit Denver
Home to the Rocky Mountains, Denver is a celebration of the great outdoors. You can find an equal number of activities to enjoy here whether you visit during the winters or the summers. It is a high-altitude city where you can have an adventurous time and will be offered a wide variety of interesting food and drink options.
Denver can be summed up as a wonderful combination of sports, beer, live music, and adventure. These are some of the best ways to get the most out of your trip to Denver.
- Sports matches – Chances are high that you will either catch a baseball game or NFL during your visit, depending on the season. There’s no better way to bond with the locals than watching a live game the American way.
- Live performances – Music has always played an essential part in shaping Denver’s ambiance. The Red Rock Amphitheatre is one of the most amazing concert venues in the world that has been built right into a rock and treats you to a perfect acoustics experience. You can also find live acts in various bars around town.
- Drinks – Denver is famous for its craft beer, and America’s biggest beer festival is held here in autumn. There are hundreds of breweries you can try out. The wineries are also worth a visit for tastings, and you can sip varieties such as carmine, cabernet franc, petit verdot, and Riesling.
- Rocky Mountains – In winter, you have the option to go skiing, snowmobiling, dog-sledding, snowboarding and snowshoeing; there are several resorts just an hour away from Denver. When the weather is milder, you have a whole host of outdoor activities to choose from. Different mountain peaks present varying levels of difficulty, and you can decide where you want to hike. Horse-riding, biking, camping, and hunting are all possibilities you can explore in the Rockies.
- Wildlife and parks – The Mountains are also alive with over 400 bird species, and if you’re lucky you might catch sight of moose, elk, bighorn sheep, mountain goats or even a mountain lion, black bear or bobcat. There are also several national parks where you can witness sand dunes, overhanging cliffs, and steep rock walls.
- Food – One of the best things about Denver is the passion for fresh, farm produce that makes everything taste better. The street food, as well as specialty restaurants, are worth a try. Have dinner at the Union Station, a historic spot where several great eateries are situated.
- Boulder – For even more outdoor action, visit the nearby city of Boulder where there are yet more trails to hike, and the town’s shops, eateries and street artists will want you to relax and enjoy the atmosphere.
Your Air New Zealand carrier will partner with United Airlines to make your transit from Auckland to Denver seamless and hassle-free. You can also add other US cities to your itinerary within the same booking if you want to stop at these destinations on the way to Denver. The usual duration of flights to Denver is 18 hours, but transit duration can vary. You can also choose to be notified when fares are lower to get the most out of your trip to the US.
Apply For ESTA | Online Visa | Verify or Update ESTA