This loyalty program by Air New Zealand allows members to earn Airpoints and redeem them in a variety of ways. There is no membership fee so anyone can join and start collecting Airpoints Dollars. Every day, more than 2,700 bookings are made using Airpoints. However, they can be spent on much more. Additionally, you can get even more travel benefits by collecting Status Points and attaining Silver, Gold, or Elite tier membership.
Ways to earn Airpoints
- Earn each time you fly anywhere with Air New Zealand, Star Alliance or partner airlines you will get both Airpoints Dollars as well as Status Points.
- There are more than 60 stores and hotels partnering with Air New Zealand to let you earn Airpoints each time you shop, rent a car or stay there including Harvey Norman, Mercury, apex car rentals, Millenium Hotels and Resorts, Kiwi Bank and Mitre 10.
- Multiply your earnings more quickly through Airpoints-eligible debit, credit, and OneSmart travel money cards. You can even collect Airpoints twice on one transaction by getting your Airpoints membership card scanned as well, so you earn through both cards.
- Earn Airpoints on every aspect of your travels; hotel stays, car rentals, parking, taxis, and insurance. Look up Air New Zealand's travel partners to see where you can earn Airpoints Dollars on every dollar you spend.
- Make purchases at the Airport Mall online store and earn Airpoints.
Where to spend your Airpoints Dollars
The best thing about earning these points is that one Airpoint Dollar will be worth one 1 New Zealand Dollar (1AD = NZD 1). Once you have obtained these points through various transactions, you are ready to spend them on making travel and living more enjoyable. Here are some things you could spend your Airpoints on:
- A ticket for almost any Air New Zealand flight, and some partner airline flights. You can also opt for Flexipay and pay for your booking with both Airpoints and cash.
- An upgrade to premium class to travel in the most comfortable and luxurious way possible.
- Visit the online Airpoints Store to purchase a wide variety of local and international products. You can use your points both online and in-store at Mitre 10.
- Buy travel insurance to make your trip worry-free or spend Airpoints on a rental car to explore new places conveniently.
- Choose from a selection of fine wines and get the case delivered to your doorstep anywhere around the globe.
- Spend on top quality merchandise at the Air New Zealand store if you’re looking for souvenirs and gifts.
Flying with Air New Zealand will also help you earn Status Points alongside Airpoints, which can be used for upgrading your membership tier so that you can enjoy bonus benefits. These include access to an exclusive waiting lounge at various airports, extra privileges in the premium cabin, priority services, and additional baggage allowance.
You can easily keep track of your Airpoints Dollars by signing into your Air New Zealand account on the website or the app. Scan the digital Airpoints card when you make purchases to earn points. You can even gift Airpoints to friends and family so they can travel and enjoy the same benefits.
Apply For ESTA | Online Visa | Verify or Update ESTA